Papers! is pure street theatre: social theatre, light-hearted, shocking and transcendent. A show without text that seeks to provoke reflection in the spectator through images that navigate between the absurd, the unimaginable and the real. The characters satirize the conflicts that power and money generate in today’s society, with an aesthetic that is faithful to the style that has made the Valencian company Xarxa Teatre famous in street festivals all over the world.
The show revolves around a group of emigrants who arrive in a new country, where their illusions are soon frustrated by the rules and roles that society assigns them. A street show with an air of tragicomedy, in which there is room for drama, but also for sarcasm and humour.
What people have said about Papers!:
– “Yes, I say, magnificent”. Dominique Trichet. Director FAI AR.
· “Chronicle of current affairs, emotion and commitment. That is theatre”. Toni Pastor. Cultural Manager.
· “Excellent proposal: the work of the actors… extraordinarily powerful… splendid score… powerful ending”. Josep Lluís Sirera.
· “I have never seen the comrades of Xarxa so combative. An exciting work that has made us all think and feel”. Hadi Kurich. Director of Teatro de la Resistencia
· “A show that confirms that the street can also be a stage for shows with a deep social impact, well done Xarxa!” Nel Diago. Lecturer and theatre critic at La Cartelera del Turia.
Vicent Martí Xar
Manuel Ortí “Rabassa”
Christophe Le Bideau
Estudi Josep Gil
Ángel Lluís Ferrando
Angel Carrasco “el Nano”
Leandre Ll. Escamilla
Manuel V. Vilanova
© XARXA TEATRE 2022